Friday, April 19, 2013

"Come, little chickens." -- Repeated three times by some mother to her kids

Yet another of my students' word problems, because they make me chuckle:

"Mrs. Erickson drank 3 kiloliters of water yesterday and 4 kiloliters of water today. How many kiloliters did Mrs. Erickson drink in all?"

(In case you're unfamiliar with metric measurement, a kiloliter is approximately 264 gallons.)

I'm pretty sure I would die of water intoxication if I consumed that much in two days, but no need to tell my student that. Instead I just wrote on her paper "I must be very well hydrated!" Very well hydrated, indeed.

In other news, my classroom now has a piano! My school had one they were going to surplus if nobody claimed it, so Jacob came over after school today to help me reorganize my room so I could fit the piano in it. (He's a good soul. It took us three hours to rearrange everything.) I'm excited to be able to practice again! The fourth grade might be putting on a musical for our program next year, and if that's the case I'm likely to be in charge of playing the music. Which means I'm going to want to start practicing . . . now.

No comments:

Post a Comment