Monday, January 24, 2011

Meet the family

Yesterday at church I was examining the program when I noticed there was a spot for new members to fill out their information so their records could be retrieved from their old ward.

I jokingly suggested that Jacob fill it out with our information, as well as the information of our unborn children. He took up the challenge, and resulted in something like this (with my asides in parentheses, of course):

Husband's name: Jacob Erickson
Wife's name: Jennifer Erickson
Child: Leif Erickson (after the explorer)
Child: Jacoby Erickson (this is pronounced Ja - KO - be, as in Kobe Bryant)
Child: Dmitri Erickson (after the character in Anastasia?)
Child: Obi Wan Erickson (from Star Wars)
Child: Gimli Erickson (from Lord of the Rings)
Child: Donald Erickson (this is Jacob's dad's name, but I think I'd prefer to use Donald as a middle name myself)

I'm not sure which is more alarming -- that Jacob is planning to have six sons in a row or that he's planning to name some of them after fictional characters.

4 comments:

  1. Watch... and now you are going to have all girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee. Clark and I love Leif, a lot. And obviously your husband wants to name your son Dmitri because he's actually an ex-commie. LAME. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mark has come up with some doozies himself. Like Tubaloth. And obscure Star Wars names and 27-letter-long biblical names. But, the one who carries the child makes the final decision. That's the rule.

    ReplyDelete