Thursday, September 27, 2012

"That's a fate no woman should have to bear!"

Is it worth it to sign up for health insurance (keeping in mind I'll have to pay for it out of my paycheck) when I'm already covered through Jacob's work? Discuss.

* * * 

Teacher Appreciation Week is eight months away. I'm already crossing my fingers that my students (and their parents) bestow upon me a lifetime supply of Stephen's hot chocolate to show their appreciation.

* * * 

Jacob has recently started watching a show called "Deadliest Warrior" on Netflix. The premise is that each episode some computer software programmers pit two different warriors (a knight, samurai, pirate, Viking, etc.) against each other, and, after performing a bunch of tests on their weapons and armor and such, simulate a battle to determine which would win. I've started watching it as well. It makes me feel both fascinated and slightly barbaric.

* * *
Last weekend Heather and I crafted a festive scarecrow. It's so adorable I could die.  

Brilliant photography by my cell phone. Be amazed.
 * * * 
While browsing the pictures on my phone, I came across this gem I forgot about until just now. Now presenting the creepiest car seat ever: 

Dora will stare into your soul and then throttle you with her fists of doom.

3 comments:

  1. Health insurance doesn't cover everything. Even two companies don't always do the job. If it's not a lot out of your paycheck, and this was an income you weren't expecting anyway, I'd say go for it. Especially because you never know what's going to come up (broken bone? bronchitis? pregnancy? random illness?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am by no means a health insurance expert, but I would ask if Jacob's insurance is as good as yours. I know teachers often have pretty good benefits, perhaps it'd be worth switching to yours? Second, I agree with Natalia that sometimes it can be worth it to have two insurances, but I'm pretty sure sometimes an insurance won't pay as much or for certain procedures if more than one insurance is billed. Also, it can be complicated with finding a doctor's office that takes both insurances sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That car seat.... just made my cringing of all things Dora a whole lot worse! That really is a gem of a pic!

    ReplyDelete