Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This and that.

Today, I made a student cry. Oh, the guilt! (And I'm sure it won't be the last time, either.)

* * *

Starting next week, I'll be teaching the fourth grade how to play recorders. I better brush up on my Hot Cross Buns! And maybe invest in some ear plugs.

* * *

Earlier today at our apartment, I'm pretty sure I overheard a man tell a kid "If you keep crying, your eyeballs are going to fall off. [Out?] I mean it. You're going to go blind."

I'm pretty sure if that was true, my eyeballs would have fallen out about 17 years ago. Just sayin'.

* * *

I think over the past three days, Jacob and I have been together for a grand total of two hours. It's been a little busy over here. And I don't know how people can work full time and then come home and cook and clean -- I just don't have any energy when I come home! We're eating like I did when I was a single college student. One night this week I went to the effort of heating up a can of soup. The most labor-intensive meal I've made so far was quesadillas. (Also, in our household, we purposely pronounce the l's so we sound like hicks. Classy, I know.) And our apartment is a bit of a disaster. Meh. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment