Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sharing is NOT caring

Yesterday, I somehow managed to persuade Jacob into doing the laundry for me. (Score!) He dutifully washed and dried three loads of laundry, including our sheets and towels.

While he was putting some of our laundry away, he decided that he had had enough of matching towels in the bathroom. You see, over the last close-to-three-years of marriage, he has come to the conclusion that the thought of using the same towel as his wife gave him the jibblies. (Apparently, he isn't the only husband that feels this way -- I recently read about another case similar to ours.)

I have to admit I was slightly offended. I mean, it isn't like we sleep in separate beds or maintain a foot of personal space between us. What's the big deal?

His excuse was that he didn't want to get all of my hair over his body. Well, I suppose he has a point there. I do admit to having a shedding problem.

So that's why we now have one light blue and one dark blue towel hanging up on the towel bar. (In case you were wondering, I have been assigned the light blue one.)

At least they'll go with our mismatched couches.

2 comments:

  1. When you use your towel, you are wiping off dead skin cells. I've never shared a towel with anyone for this reason. I'm . . . impressed he waited so long before he insisted on getting his own towel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify, we have two sets of towels: 2 dark blue and 2 light blue. So we were never using the same towel the same day! But since we don't have assigned sides on the towel bar, it's likely that we've swapped towels before they've been washed. Hence, his desire to have assigned towel colors.

    ReplyDelete