Monday, October 15, 2012

Well, burn my biscuits!

SCENE: Jacob and Jennifer are sitting side-by-side on the couch. Jennifer is on her lappy and Jacob is eating dinner and watching television.

Jennifer: Do you want to be a peach and give me some beverage of the liquid water variety? [smiles creepily]

Jacob: [Continues to watch t.v. without responding]

Jennifer: [extends one hand to turn Jacob's head to the side so he can witness her expression]

Jacob: You should get your own water.

Jennifer: You mean my creepy smile didn't work!? How about if I flutter my eyelashes?

(Note: Fluttering eyelashes was almost guaranteed to work on my dad, who would always respond "Got a bug in your eye?" and then acquiesce to our requests.)

Jennifer: [flutters eyelashes maniacally while continuing to smile creepily]

Jacob: [Nudges Jennifer away from his face so he can better watch his sports.]

Jennifer: How about the puppy dog pout? [Sticks out bottom lip and makes her chin tremble.]

Jacob: Why can't you get up yourself?

Jennifer: Because I lost my legs in the war. [Glances at legs.] These are prosthetics.



(In case you were wondering, I ended up getting my own beverage. Harrumph!)

No comments:

Post a Comment