Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Going once, going twice

I had my first class auction today for those students who were able to pay their monthly rent. Quiz time! Ready, go:

1. The highest-selling item was:

a) A free pass to the Living Planet Aquarium
b) A free homework pass
c) A pass to eat lunch with the teacher
d) A package of glow stick bracelets

2. The amount of money spent on the highest-selling item was:

a) $800
b) $1,200
c) $1,600
d) $1,800








. . . Time's up; pencils down! Let's review the answers.

I hate to brag, but a student spent her entire bank account ($1,800, or nearly two months' rent) on a pass to eat lunch in the classroom with me and two friends of her choice.

Who's feeling popular? I am, I am!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when taking classes that the teachers would recommend prizes like that or an extra turn at the water fountain because kids would go crazy over them. I also remember that they loved when the teachers actually ate in the cafeteria *with* the class and they worked together as a class to earn that as a prize. :D

    ReplyDelete