Saturday, October 27, 2012

100 points to Gryffindor

Jacob was concerned that the post I wrote about him not wanting to get me a glass of water made him look like a jerk. (Which was not my intent.) So, in order to clear up any misconceptions, allow me to share the following:

This last week had been a fairly long one at school. I had to be evaluated by my principal for the first time on Wednesday, so I stressed about preparing and delivering that lesson. On Thursday, my students were acting up even more than usual, so I came home exhausted and discouraged. On top of that, I'm trying to get ready for report cards for Parent Teacher Conferences and have been a little overwhelmed about getting everything done for that.

So when I came home from work and running errands on Friday at 5 pm and still had the prospect of making chicken noodle soup for our family's traditional Halloween bag dinner, I felt like curling up in a ball and dying a little on the inside.

I trudged into our apartment, the very picture of gloom and despair, and found Jacob wearing his apron, the cookbook on the table, the vegetables peeled and chopped, the chicken cooked and shredded, and the dishes in the process of being washed.

This was the second day in a row that he had anticipated my stress levels and made dinner without any request on my part. Keep in mind that he probably works even harder than I do, commuting an hour each way to school 3 times a week on top of working the graveyard shift.

I married a good man, no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! That's super sweet of him. Parent teacher conferences are integrally the most stressful thing on the planet. Until you get there, and you realize they're not so bad. But they stress you out FOR REAL.

    ReplyDelete