Sunday, September 22, 2013

". . . I'm thinking about trying to shove them in a Pop Tarts box before wrapping."

Once upon a time I was perusing Pinterest, when I came across a recipe for a funnel cake. I logged that one away, for future reference.

And then today I was looking through my boards and thought to myself, "Self, I think you should make a funnel cake! You should make a funnel cake RIGHT NOW!"

So I proceeded to do so.

I halved the recipe, which said it made one cake, because the amount of ingredients made me sure it would feed a small family.

I should have fourthed it.

The funnel cake, which ended up being multiple separate lumps of crispy fried goodness rather than one cohesive confection, was larger than the size of my face. And while it was delicious, I've only been able to eat about half of it. The other half is staring at me from the plate, growing soggier by the minute, looking very forlorn. Alas, Jacob is working tonight and is thus unable to partake.

Too much birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment