Wednesday, August 29, 2012

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

Two posts in one day? Is the world coming to an end? This will be quick.

Elementary school started yesterday. Over the past year and a half of subbing, I've gotten to know several teachers pretty well. One of them had knee surgery over the summer, and since she's still recovering, she asked if I would fill in for her in the mornings for the first three to four weeks so she can continue to recuperate.

Now, I was familiar with her incoming class, and they just so happened to be one of my favorites, so of course I jumped at the chance.

Yesterday I was at school for a grand total of three and a half hours with these fifth graders. And it was joyous. Because really, this is the best class ever.

However! Not three hours after coming home, my throat started to feel a little irritated and swollen.

Today, after day 2, I'm getting a little congested and headachey. And to top it off, I'm running a fever of NINETY-NINE POINT TWO DEGREES! For me, this is akin to a normal person coming down with malaria! (I usually run cold, in case you were wondering.)

Moral of the story: my immune system stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment