Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"I feel a little crispy."

Last Friday, I took a last minute substitute job for a third grade class I was vaguely familiar with (as in, I covered for the teacher for approximately three hours one day a week or two ago).

As it turned out, the entire school day was dedicated to a field trip with the rest of the third grade. Not only that, but we had about fifty billion parent chaperones turn out, so the amount of supervision I did was minimal.

Essentially, I was paid to walk to a park, supervise four games of kickball over a period of about an hour and a half, eat a lunch that was provided from the cafeteria, and pass out popsicles after we walked back to the school. It was glorious.

The weather was also glorious -- not too hot, not too cloudy. Unfortunately, my face ended up getting quite sunburned. (Skin cancer, anyone?)

And now I'm peeling. I hope the flakiness runs its course by the time we go down to California for our family reunion this weekend. Heaven forbid I look like a leper in the family photos!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed the part where you started your story with "last Friday" and was trying to figure out what on earth kind of creepy skin you have that you can get sunburned and start peeling a couple of hours later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer alteration of photos is always useful...

    ReplyDelete