Monday, May 2, 2011

On becoming a respectable member of society (or more photos of my feet than you could possibly ever wish to see)

If you're friends with me on facebook, you may have already seen the announcement that I recently threw away 17 socks that were afflicted with numerous holes. "Big deal," you may be thinking. "I throw away hole-y socks all the time." 

Well, tell me this: Did your socks ever look like . . . THIS?
Yes, that's four (4) holes in one (1) sock.
I had previously kept all of these hole-y socks because, well, I didn't want to fork out the cash to buy new socks. Fortunately for me, my dad was willing to spend a little money when he came up for graduation to help his daughter look a little less like a hobo and a little more like a respectable college graduate. Not only did he buy me new socks, but he also bought me two new pairs of shoes.

Take note of the following pictures: I wore hot pink socks on the "before" shot to more fully accenuate the condition my old shoes were in. Also please note how I am no longer wearing running shoes with jeans in the "after" shot. I know, I'm going to get offers for writing for a fashion magazine at any moment now.




Now I just need to buy some new jeans and I think I'll have the no-longer-a-homeless-bum look down pat!

EDIT: When I texted Jacob about how I threw away all those socks, he responded: "No!!! Not the holy socks!! You  have to wear those forever!" Apparently he had a fond attachment for them. 

1 comment:

  1. The point of socks is lost when they get holes. It took me 17 months of dating, two months of engagement, and four months of marriage (with four different sets of new socks bought/gift-given in the middle) to convince Clark of that. And I *still* have to argue to have him throw them away when they get holes.

    ReplyDelete