Thursday, November 18, 2010

You put the lime in the coconut

I'm trying to like first grade. I really am. But it's hard when I've been infested with millions of first grade germs.

Two weeks ago from tomorrow, I came home from school with a bit of a sore throat. Mere hours later, I was racked with chills and barely had enough energy to crawl from the couch to the bedroom. (Yes, there was crawling involved. Ask Jacob.) The next day, I spent approximately 18 hours asleep or in bed, and consumed nothing but orange juice, a small bowl of soup, a roll, and a Frosty.

The flu struck, and it struck hard.

I managed to recover well enough to go back to school on Monday, and that week I was fine.

About two days ago, I started coming down with a cold. And yesterday, I was hit with the mother of all first grade illnesses -- pink eye. I didn't realize it until after school what it probably was, and when I showed up to school this morning I was sent home with explicit orders to see a doctor.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" And by that I mean he said I do indeed have conjunctivitis and that I'll be highly contagious for the next 24 hours.

Rock on.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer. I'm so sorry. This happened to me when I started working at HoH and I was really, really sick for about a month with one thing or another.

    The good news is that eventually your immune system gets its act together. Get better, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for updating just as I checked my Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I'm so sorry that you've been sick! Pink eye! Yuck!!! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete