Friday, January 1, 2016

Toddler Resolutions

Over on ye olde Facebooke, I posted the following status yesterday:

"The Toddler may be a little young to make any New Year's resolutions, but if I could make some suggestions for her, "Never lick her mother awake" and "Refrain from spitting out food into her parents' bowls" might make the cut."

Someone suggested starting a #toddlerresolutions hashtag, which caused some wheels to start spinning. The possibilities! And so, without further ado, allow me to present to you "Marie's Top Ten New Year Resolutions (as dictated by her mother)".

Marie's Top Ten New Year Resolutions (as dictated by her mother)
  1. Never lick my mother awake again.
  2. Refrain from spitting out my food into my parent's bowls (or onto their plates).
  3. Actually try a bite of new food before refusing it.
  4. Alternatively, stop eating food out of the trash can.
  5. Give up the bottle before it gets way super embarrassing to still be using one. Oh, wait . . . 
  6. Express my frustration in other ways besides bashing my head against the nearest wall or hard object.
  7. Continue to think my parents are the funniest people in the world.
  8. Grow the rest of my teeth so we can get this teething thing over with.
  9. Get used to nursery, since I'm going to be in there for another two years. (Which, if you haven't noticed, is LONGER THAN I'VE EVEN BEEN ALIVE.)
  10. Continue to snuggle with my mother before bedtime every single day for the rest of my life or until it starts being creepy, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment